Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer freezes with bluescreen. Memtest results - what you think ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer freezes with bluescreen. Memtest results - what you think ?

My computer with win 7 64-bit is freezing and so i checked with memtest the RAM. Here´s the result. Do you think, this ram is to replace ? Its a 2 x 4 GB RAM from G.Skill Sniper.

You see 3 pics. One of one RAM, one test with 2 RAMS and one Test with one RAM

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-31 15.35.35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	35082Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-30 17.12.05.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	35084Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-29 05.31.08.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	35083

While it seems there is a hardware problem it isn't conclusive that it is the RAM. Might be a fault on the motherboard for example, or EMI or just a compatibility issue.

Was it always like this, or did it just go bad recently?

Do both sticks show a fault, the screen shots of the 8GB config imply they might (but it is hard to tell with dual channel memory which address corresponds to which stick of RAM).

Do you have 4GB stick from another vendor you can try out?

Comment

The bluescreen shows an ID 41 with Kernel power and shut down the system at least one time a day.

Comment

yes and you see on the pics, that both pictures shows vaults ! Picture with less faults is made with only one RAM. The picture with more faults is made with both RAMS together.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by 'vaults'.

The picture with more errors is that one that was running the longest time.

Anyway, if you wanted to be sure it was the RAM a bit more experimentation is in order I think. Otherwise just replace the RAM and see what happens.

Comment

sorry, i mean errors The picture with more errors was made with both RAMS built in !

Comment

Working...
            X