Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memory adress reproductivity with only one stick (and one defective ic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory adress reproductivity with only one stick (and one defective ic)

Hi, I would like to know if memset is able to point out the same error adress if I reboot between each test with the same memory stick ?
    I read some thread about the adress decoding to be "hard" (and no data for intel memory controller) in order to know which memory stick is not working because of the multiple channel etc
    But in my case I just want to know which adress correspond to which memory ic (or location on the stick), it's not a problem if we can't "decode it", I could replace each ic by defect one, memtest it and know the defective memory adress range that correspond to the location of the defective memory ic, everything on the same motherboard (intel P45/X48/X58/Z77), the same single stick (ddr3 and maybe ddr2) with the same memory ic.
    (all of this is intented for crazy binning/overclocking )
    Thanks a lot

If everything remains the same between test runs then the error address will remain the same. But in our experience parts are often marginal. So small random changes in temperature & timing can cause slightly different test results each time.

For address decoding see this page
    https://www.memtest86.com/troublesho...htm#memaddress

Comment

Working...
    X