Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consistent Pinpoint Results - Error Address Range, Bits In Error, Max Contiguous, CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent Pinpoint Results - Error Address Range, Bits In Error, Max Contiguous, CPU

Hello PassMark. I thought my MemTest86 results and errors seemed odd: Extremely consistent, pinpointed only in one bit or area. So I'm wondering if there is any clear explanation or wisdom that can be shared to help me make sense of it. Is there any particular reason why my "Error Address" is always the same or extremely close (only 33A2EDEF4 and 33A2EDFF4, at 13218 MB). Also, the "Bits in Error" and "Max Contiguous Errors" is always the same (only 1), and "CPU" used with error is always the same (only number 11). Also: Errors always found on Tests 3 and 4 (sometimes also 5, 7, 8, but no others tests). Where should I go from here?

Details:
    Had a few crashes for two straight days: Crash dumps point to graphics drivers ("video tdr failure"), but decided to still test RAM. (Crashes occurred during Firefox, possibly YouTube,and video encoding. AIDA64 was also running both times.) Partial test on different motherboard (same model, 2019-07-24) gave very similar results, otherwise exact same CPU, RAM, other components. Windows Memory Diagnostic gave no errors. Other stress testing software has not yet given errors (but needs more time). Have run tests with different RAM speeds with similar results (default 2133 at 1.20 V, XML 3200 MHz 1.35 V, XML underclock 2800 MHz at 1.35 V). Nothing else is overclocked, all stock defaults. Also weird: After completion of a full test (4-pass), MemTest86 froze during menu navigation (no input, led to my hard reset).

Parts:
    ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming (MB)
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (CPU)
    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16GB (RAM) (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) (on AMD and ASUS QVL)
    XFX Radeon RX 470 RS 4GB (GPU)
    Corsair SF450M 450W (PSU)
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS) (fresh on 2019-07-20)

Photos:
    attached

Memory errors normally mean the RAM is bad.
    (and there is nothing in the details above to make me think it isn't a RAM error)

See
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Memory errors normally mean the RAM is bad.
      (and there is nothing in the details above to make me think it isn't a RAM error)

See
      https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm
      Well, thanks for taking a quick look, David. I've read through much of the manual and troubleshooting, while testing. But I felt this particular set of circumstances could point to something else that I'm not experienced enough to figure out. (But maybe we all think our memory issues are special and no replacement needed, ha.) I've already tried most of the options under "How do I fix the memory errors" (timings, voltage, BIOS). I guess I should continue tests, confirm instability. And if there are more crashes, "replace parts until the failure is corrected". Hopefully some new RAM will fix the issue and test error-free. I will try to remember to update this post when it's all sorted.

Comment

Did you try testing 1 stick a time?

Comment

Working...
        X