My MemTest86 Results - What does it mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MemTest86 Results - What does it mean

I have been getting freezes and crashes (almost exclusively to playing Battlefield 3) with errors sometimes reported as DirectX errors and sometimes Memory errors. They used to occur at intervals of about a month or so apart, but have gradually gotten more and more frequent and now it happens within seconds to minutes of playing Battlefield 3. (I have tried changing every setting under the sun with months of reading similar issues online - none have worked - even tried uninstalling programs and graphics card and reinstalling - updating BIOS - updating all drivers - etc with no resolution). I have P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard running 4x4GB sticks of SuperTalent RAM. I decided to run MemTest just to be sure my memory wasn't to blame for the freezes/BSOD's, and here were my results. Can someone explain please? This was run with all the sticks still in the computer. I know my next step if this points to a bad stick of RAM is to isolate which stick it is. Just wanted to be sure that this means I have bad RAM before I continue troubleshooting and replacing things.

This was after 12.5 hours

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	35101

Yes the RAM looks bad. There is a slim chance it might be the CPU or the motherboard and not the RAM, but initially assume one or more of the RAM sticks are bad.

Comment

Working...
    X