X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 logfiles

Hi Passmark-Team,

I need your help.

In the log files are shown some abbreviation and in the documentation I didn't find out the meaning.

I have no idea to which failure it point. In my case something goes wrong with the ECC.

For example: [Channel 1] D_CR_ERR_ECC_LOG=152F085A => i have this about 5k times in my logs.

or : [MEM ERROR - ECC] Test: 4, (Col,Row,Rank,Bank): (N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A), ECC Corrected: yes, Syndrome: 0025, Channel/Slot: 2/0

What means "Syndrome: 0025" => is it the second ECC - byte or something else??

because this is shown a line above:

[MEM ERROR - ECC] Test: 4, (Col,Row,Rank,Bank): (N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A), ECC Corrected: yes, Syndrome: 002F, Channel/Slot: 1/0

And this is a other channel, but the same bytes...

Best Regards!

The debug log files are primarily for internal debugging. They aren't documented.

The error reports should be user readable. But of course most people aren't familiar with the Syndrome value.
    Syndrome basically tells you which bit was in error (within the memory word). It isn't trivial to decode the value, but most of the time the value isn't important, only the fact that it failed (and was then corrected) was important.

Comment

Working...
    X