Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh Oh, I dont think 65K+ errors could be good... ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh, I dont think 65K+ errors could be good... ideas?

Hi all... Been wanting a PC to game on for years and finally bit the bullet and built one this past week. CPU – i7-4770k, GPU - Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Version , Ram – Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Motherboard - Asus Z87 Pro, Hard Drive - Western Digital 1 TB HDD WD10EZEX, Optical Drive: Asus DVD-RW, Solid State Drive – Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB, CPU Cooler – Noctua 6. Put it all together, put Win 7 (and installed all updates) on it, updated the BIOS, CC Cleaner, PC Matic and updates to various drivers along with two games. Did NOT overclock or adjust any performance settings cuz I wanted to see if it would be stable first. It worked wonderfully, for about 1 day. While I was gaming I got my first hint of trouble when the game shut down and gave me a (game) error. I started the game again and got a BSOD with a Memory_Management error. Restored to earlier that day, crashed during the process. After a while of this I decided to re-load the OS. Formated both drives and deleted the partition. On attempting to load the OS it will only get to about 50% of expanding files then says it cannot read the source files. After all sorts of trial and error...it was suggested I run MemTest86 and here are some results (testing in progress yet). What are these results telling me? Please help???Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	35103

You are correct, having more than 65,000 RAM errors is not a good thing.

Looks like a bad stick of ram (or maybe a bad motherboard).
    Retest with 1 ram stick at a time.

Comment

David, looks like you were correct about a bad stick of RAM!! We took out one...tested, then, did the other. Moved slots even to verify it wasn't a bad slot. One of the sticks generated all the errors. Now, how would we know for sure there weren't other issues, like the MB you mentioned?? Thoughts?

Comment

If stick 1 fails in slot 1, but stick 2 works in the same slot, then it is 99% sure stick 1 is bad (assuming nothing else has changed).

Send it back as faulty for replacement.

Comment

Looks like the problem is solved, thanks David! Fingers crossed we don't run across any other issues... LOL

Comment

Working...
          X