Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UEFI version not seen

Hello,

I am trying to test my DDR3, and burned the ISO on a CD. My motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth Z87, with a UEFI BIOS. I have not installed any OS yet. Whenever I try to run Memtest v. 5.0, all I get is the older version: 4.3.xx, and in the boot priority I do not see two dvd drives: a "regular " one and an UEFI one, but just one option, so whenever I start Memtest, I get to run the old version. As this is the first time I am running this software, I would appreciate if any of you, more knowledgeable could help me out, regards,

Enrico

The current V5 beta doesn't currently support secure boot. So turn secure boot off in BIOS if it is on. Hopefully the final V5 will support secure boot, but in the current beta it doesn't.

Also check your BIOS is up to date.

You might want to try the USB build as an alternative.

Comment

Hello David,

understood. Tonight I'll turn the secure boot off, and if it doesn't work, I'll go with the USB build, just like you said, and report back. The motherboard BIOS is up to date, as I have upgraded it yesterday. Will let you know, many thanks for now,

Enrico

Comment

Hello David,

as promised, I am reporting back. This time I tried with the USB build, at first the PC would not boot, stating the boot device was not a valid one, likely due to the UEFI signature problem, else secure boot. It took me a few seconds to work around it, and the Memtest66 5.0b7 version finally loaded and tested my DRAM banks, with no errors. Thank you again for your suggestions and support,

Enrico

Comment

Working...
        X