Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First memtest showed 28 errors but no errors after testing again couple months later!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First memtest showed 28 errors but no errors after testing again couple months later!

I had purchased a DDR2 4GB Hynix memory for my Inspiron 1545 Laptop from Aliexpress.

I’ve been using it for three months. I was experiencing system freezing and BSOD (Bad Pool Header) duirng that time. At first I thought it was the T9900 CPU?

I didn’t know that time how to check for bad memory sticks or the errors that might occur in a bad sticks. So as others suggested I decided to run memtest and to my surprise I got about 28 errors in Test #3! Decided the memory stick was bad but by that time the aliexpress dispute period was over.

Thought I’d test the original two 2GB RAM sticks that came with the Laptop to confirm the previous test and just as anyone would expect it didn’t show any error.

Well after a couple of months, like since last week I decided to test the 4GB stick again and there was no errors at all. I did 3-4 tests and still no errors! I’m pretty confused here determining the health of the RAM!

Is it the RAM or the CPU? Many of the Inspiron 1545 users suggested that the laptop is able to handle the T9900 so I just bought that!

The idle temp of CPU is 40-43° and goes upto 60-64° at load.

4GB stick might be marginal. Might be temperature related, or maybe the connectors got cleaned after a few re-insertions.

Comment

Working...
    X