Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MemTest86 do not show the CPU temp with Intel core i7 6+2 (10810U)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MemTest86 do not show the CPU temp with Intel core i7 6+2 (10810U)

I encounter a problem that the MemTest86 do not show the temperature, and the symptom is only present in Intel core i7 6+2 (10810U) Comet Lake CPU.
    May I know how to isolate the issue ? Is it related to MemTest86 tool or Intel CPU ?
    BTW , someone can help to explain what method to read the CPU temperature in MemTest86 ? Is it read the temperature by CPU MSR ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NoTemp10810.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	46215

The temperature is read directly from the CPU.
    But bizarrely there is no standard interface, so new code needs to be written for each family of CPUs as they come out.

Comment

Dear David

Do you mean the temperature can not read by MemTest86 with 10810U, it is expected behavior !?
      If yes , how do I check it ? Are there any errata list ?
      If No , how do I check the issue is related to CPU ? Due to I can read the CPU temperature by other tool.

Comment

Yes, it is expected behavior in V8.3.

We should be able to add support for reading temperatures on Comet Lake for the next patch release (assuming Intel hasn't done anything tricky with the new CPUs)

Comment

Dear David

Got it ~ Would you feedback here once the problem is fixed ?
          however I will verify it on the new patch release.

Comment

Dear David

We encounter the same issue on CML-H 10850H of CPU, Would you kindly comment that it also is expected behavior ?
            We need to confirm it with our customer.
            Thanks~

Comment

As best I can tell, 10850H isn't a CPU that is available from Intel. At least not yet.

As a general statement MemTest86 will lag the public release of CPUs for temperature monitoring.
              If a new CPU is just a new member of an existing family, then it might work straight away. If the CPU is part of a new family, then it probably won't work and new code will be required.

Comment

Working...
              X