Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest prompting Beep Code Errors

Hello everyone,

i have been trying to solve some very annyoing crash problems with my system wich result in TDR and restarting of the graphics driver. I already contacted the support of the graphics card manufacturer and the only step left there is to exchange the card and see if the problem persists. However it seems unlikely to be that so i ran Memtest86 from a usb and get a confusing behavior. After only 2 or 3 minutes of testing my motherboard starts giving beep code errors, while the program itself is running fine and without giving any error message at all. I wasnt really able to pinpoint the exact beep code because it seems to me, that the board is not always giving the same one.

I ran a different version of memtest some week ago, one which worked from windows and not from a bootable device and this version didnt give me any errors after 7 iterations of the the available memory.

There is also some quite strange behavior with the memory before. There was a time, when my system wouldnt boot because it wouldnt recognize the memory at all. the memory test at the start of the booting process would just not work. The workaround for this was, to remove the RAM and put it back in. I could even put it back in the same slot. On the next try the system would boot without problems.

My main question is now, how can i narrow the problem further down. Obviously there is a problem with RAM and Motherboard. But it seems that the RAM itself is not damaged. I would be interested to know what u make of this behavior, if u encounterd something like this before and what you would recommend me to do.

Thanks you for your time
    BlackBooks84

You normally only get beep codes if the machines doesn't boot at all. I have never heard of beep codes once the machine is running. So maybe it is something else, like a temperature warning?

Testing memory with MemTest86 is better than testing memory from within Windows, as from within Windows at lot of the memory will be used by Windows itself & the disk cache and not be available for testing. So MemTest86 will test more of the RAM.

Comment

Hello again thank you for your answer,

i just wanted to give a quick update, i flashed my bios and this has resolved the problem of the beep errors while running memtest86. The Test itself can back negative, i let it run for about 8 hours and no error occurred, i assume the RAM isnt damaged and not the problem of my instability.

Thank you for your time
      Blackbooks84

Comment

Working...
      X