Error on Test 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on Test 10?

I seems to pretty much always get errors on Test 10, but 1-9 is totally fine, at least for 4 hours straight.

What can be wrong, is it bad RAM or something else?

Yes, it could be bad RAM?
    What's the exact details of the error(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Yes, it could be bad RAM?
      What's the exact details of the error(s)?
      Details, hm well i think it says "Should have been xxxxxxxxx" or something?
      I broke my USB so canīt try right now, or does UEFI work with CDs?

EDIT okay something like this.

Error at Adress 2500bdc (or something) is 00000000 actual 00000025.

Or well it says it should have been 00000000 but it was 2005bdc... meaning itīs totally off, and it just continues like that at Test 10, many errors.
      Last edited by Zerowalker; Dec-31-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Might have been interesting to see the full log, with all the error details. But regardless there is a fair chance there is a hardware fault.

Are you running MemTest86 because you already suspect a problem (e.g. Blue screens in Windows)?

What are the specs of the machine?

If you have more that 1 stick of RAM, trying running with a single stick at a time.

Comment

Okay well there seems to be 100ths of errors.

Yes BSOD all over the place.

i5 3570k, Z77m ASRock , 1333mhz.

I got 2 sticks, i thought both got errors, but it seems that only 1 does, not totally sure, but pretty, havenīt done a long test on the stable one, the other always get errors on the 10th error.

Did try to change place of the stick, but the stable one was able to survive 1-2 passes , which at least, is much more stable then the other which always fail.

I am guessing something wrong, meaning RMA, which i hate as it cost so much to send in so itīs not even worth it most of the time.
          Last edited by Zerowalker; Dec-31-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Yes if you have two sticks of the same model and one passed and the other one doesn't, then it is nearly 100% sure there is a fault in the bad stick.

Comment

Working...
            X