Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer turns off during test 4

HI everyone

I recently came across the memtest86 and wanted to use it to test my ram due to frequent crashes and blue screen's.

I would often get IRSQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL replaced my Graphics card not had that seen since. Now i somtimes get a SYSTEM_EXCEPTION rest of the times it just plain freezes normaly during a game or multitasking video's etc.

So i ran the memtest but during the 4th test at around 10% it turns the computer off and got no idea why really.

any help i have uploaded videos of the crash to youtube to see if that might help you help me.

Thanks for your time great piece of software btw i can tell for most its working and only reason its crashing is porberlu the error on my computer.

Peterp205

Youtube URL's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1is6t-Xojs&feature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b1Yym1ywQs&feature=youtu.be

Very likely it is a hardware fault.
    The videos show you have 4GB of RAM. I assume this is 2 x 2GB.
    Can you try testing just 1 stick of RAM at a time.

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for the reply yes it is 2 x 2gb

i just run the test individually on both sticks of RAM

same thing happened although the first time i ran it on one stick of RAM it lasted untill the end of the 7th test then i ran it again but just lasted to the noramly 4th step

same with the 2nd stick ran it a few times just shuts off at step 4

because its the same with both i assume either both sticks are the cause or through looking through the site could possible be the CPU?

Thanks for the reply David

Comment

It is unlikely that both sticks have the same fault.
        How old is this machine?
        Was it working OK initially, then started to go bad. Or is it a new machine (or upgraded machine) and was bad from day 1?

When testing 1 stick at a time, did you try 1 stick in slot A, then 1 stick in slot B. Maybe the RAM is OK and the slot is bad?

Can you check the temperature on the CPU when under heavy load in Windows?

Comment

The machine's age depends on the component we are talking

The Ram and CPU where both brought at same time about a year ago the motherboard about 1 and a half years. Graphics card 1 week.

The original crashing started after running a game that my computer couldn't run at the time so pushed it a little too far symptoms pointed towards a blown graphics card hence the replacement but the issue was not resolved however the crash messages seamed to change and the way it crashed changed instead of blue screen with IRQSL error started to just plain crash no blue screen just freezeing on whatever frame it was on.

had 1 blue screen which was the system_Exspetion error

just did an online CPU LOAD for 5 mins highest setting the CPU went to 55C

I didnt on purpose run the Ram in seperate slots however i did do this because i kep each Ram stick in its original slot.

Thanks once again David

Comment

If it was all stable before the new video card, then can you pull out the new video card and try running with the old one for a while and see if that stops the shut downs.

It should be impossible to 'overload' a video card. They don't just blow up if the game is too intensive, they just run slowly.

Is the power supply sufficient for the new video card?

Comment

No the crashes where happening before the new video card i originaly put the crashes down to the video card but after replacing they are still happening.

the power supply is fine for the video card a 550W power supply

if i put old video card crashes will continue

Comment

If it was my machine, I would
                - Reset BIOS (especially RAM timings) and try MemTest86 again
                - Retry MemTest86 with a stick of RAM from a different manufacturer to really rule out the RAM.
                - Start swapping out other components (CPU, MB, PSU, etc..). Or just decide the machine has reached the end of its life and upgrade the MB & CPU.

Comment

Thanks David yea i did reset the BIOS no help

not got spare components to try out unforuntly looking around at the moment but kinda getting that same feeling

thanks for all your help will find a good friend to steal bits of to test out if its dead its dead

Thanks once again!

Comment

Working...
                  X