Can't set number of passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't set number of passes

I'm using v8.3 Free and when I get to the part where I can set the number of passes, the "New Value" field appears and I can type the desired new value. However, when I hit enter, it clears out the value.

Is there a different key I need to press to "save" the new value?

My screen cuts off the MemTest UI right below this line so it's possible there's some help text there that I can't see.

Thanks!

In the Free version, the maximum number of passes is 4. Normally, you would see the following error message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest86-free.png
Views:	292
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	46639

Comment

Ah....that totally explains it. Thanks!

Is there a way to "fix" MemTest so the GUI fits on-screen?

I've seen the sticky topic that covers the screen you see while tests are being performed. However, it looks like that workaround doesn't cover the pre-test GUI.

Comment

Normally, MemTest86 attempts to adjust the screen resolution to the minimum (1024x768 ) if it is too low. But there is a possibility that the UEFI firmware does not support setting higher resolutions if it is outdated.

If you can upload a copy of the MemTest86.log (found under EFI\BOOT\ of the USB flash drive), we can check if this is the case.

Comment

Sure thing. I'm attaching a zipped copy to this post.

In case it helps, the mobo is a Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F and I'm using the onboard video adapter. It's got the latest firmware.

BTW, in case it helps, I'm seeing the same exact problem when I view the GUI using an actual monitor *or* when I view the console via IPMI. In both cases, the text-based UI (during the test) is fine although a little small.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X