Memtest Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest Results

I’ve been getting constant BSOD errors and crashes in every game I play. Is my ram the culprit?

There is definitely a hardware or low level BIOS configuration problem.
    But most likely it is bad RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      There is definitely a hardware or low level BIOS configuration problem.
      But most likely it is bad RAM.
      I believe everything in BIOS is set to auto and I'm using XMP for the ram. Do you know what I could change to correct the issue? or should I just RMA the ram?

Comment

I re-ran the test using slots 1 and 3, got 0 errors. Does this mean there could be an issue with my motherboard?

Comment

Moving to new slots might have dropped the RAM out of dual channel mode (slowing throughput) and hiding the errors.
          Or just re-seating the RAM might have cleaned the gold contacts and it might be good now.
          Needs more experiments to be conclusive.

Comment

I've checked and it's still running dual channel mode, I'll leave memtest on overnight to see if anything pops up while using slot 1 and 3. If it comes back with no errors I'll retry 2 and 4 to see whether it's the motherboard or RAM.

Comment

My motherboard (B450 Aorus Elite) supports 3200MHz RAM through XMP but seems as though it doesn't want to work. Manually changing the RAM to 3000MHz but keeping the timings and voltage on Auto fixes the game crashes and BSOD errors I was getting.

Comment

Not too surprising. Under-clocking can fix a a certain class of memory errors.

You need to decide if you are happy to live with that or do additional testing to be able to pin the blame on the CPU, MB or the RAM, one of them is not meeting the claimed specifications. Then replace the out of spec component. But you'll probably never notice the 200Mhz performance difference in real life.

Comment

Working...
                X