Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 freezes at tTest 6 Block move, 64-bit

Hi all.

I recently updated a few components in my computer. Namely the storage to a samsung m2-drive 970 evo plus 1 TB and 1 memory kit consisting of two G.Skill Ripjaws 8 GB, 3200 MHz (2x8GB) and also did a fresh install of windows. I had some problems setting up the memory to the desired speed. I had to force it to 3200Mhz (before was only 2133Mhz) by activationg XMP and then choosing 3200Mhz.

However everything did not go so smooth as i was wishing it would. My computer oddly freezes during download of games (numerous times) and windows have shown some peculiour behaviour - added 4 diffrent mailadresses i use in outlook and suddenly at a restart or if it was after an occation of freezing there was only 1 left?? I have since reverted to 2400Mhz speed for the memorys in BIOS (This being normal speed with no overclock. Maybe wrong here, feel free to correct me)
    I ran userbench to test my system and it reported the memorys being slower than other samples of the same model.

So i came to the conclusion that i have to troubleshoot this somehow. Googled and found advice that i should use windows memory diagnostics - found no faults. Tried memtest86 and it sailed through the complete test without errors. You think this would be enough but me wanting to find why i cant run the memorys in the described/"promised" speed. I ran all the test one more time but with only on pass and found that the system freezes on Test 6 Block move, 64-bit.

So if i run only that test and single cpu i get no faults, parallell no faults, round robin no faults buuut when i run sequential i get a freeze when moving from cpu core 2 to 3...

What can i read or take from this? Maybe some of you here that have more experince can tell me or help me with which appropriate steps to take next?
    I can test diffrent memory banks (2 and 4 used now) or try the memory sticks one at a time....or maybe i am just barking up the wrong tree here, should i test the drive or cpu.

Best regards
    Janne

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_827030491112283.jpeg
Views:	501
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	46926Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_175444.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	46927Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_204614.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	46928
    Attached Files

The specs for the i5-6600K on Intel's web site only claim to support up to DDR4-2133.
    So I don't think there is any good reason to expect it to run at 3200Mhz.

Comment

Working...
    X