No display and IDE detect q code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No display and IDE detect q code

Ran memtest earlier and tried to stop it early but realised my keyboard was no longer responding. I reset my system after checking online that it was OK to do so. Immediately after that I had no display and the system gets stuck on IDE detect.

I've tried resetting CMOS, taking battery out for a bit, MEMOK, taking gpu out and using mobo dp output, reseating gpu, starting with no drives, starting with only boot drive, using a single stick of ram and using LN2 mode. Going to try flashing the bios next but I'm not confident that will do anything. Any help would be great.

I checked my drives yesterday and they were fine so I dont think any of them are dead.

Processor: 6700k
    Mobo: Asus maximus viii ranger
    Gpu: msi gtx 1070
    Ram: g skill ripjaws 3200

Yes, hard power off should not damage the hardware. (But if there was a write in progress on the USB flash drive, that might be half complete, leaving the log file on the USB drive corrupt).

So you mean that you can't even get into BIOS now?
    If that is the case, then it sounds like hardware failure.

Comment

Yep. Can't access the bios. I was worried it could be a dead motherboard but since the last thing I done was use memtest I was really hoping I had missed something and might find a solution here.

Comment

Memtest86 doesn't make any change to he BIOS or the hardware. So hardware failure of some sort is likely.

Comment

Well looks like I'm getting a new motherboard then. Thanks for the answers David.

Comment

I did some quick searches. There are a bunch of people complaining about the A2 Q-Code, "IDE detect" message. Might be a common fault on this ASUS board.

Comment

Working...
            X