Computer resets on test 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer resets on test 3

Hey there, computer has been crashing/freezing and I'm trying to sort it out (Microsoft thread). The sum of it is, after installing Epic launcher the PC began to crash and I've tried a lot of things from updating to rolling back. Hoping this program could give me an idea if its software or hardware, but it is my first time using it and the PC resets about halfway through test 3. I've tried it multiple times, as seen from the log. The log exceeds the upload limit so here's a OneDrive.

Sounds like a hardware failure of some type.

Start with this page
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

I was able to find out what ram stick was bad, and it wasn't the slot. After being able to actually run the tests I got the same error twice, the report. Would it be best to try RMA the ram that is causing that error too?

Comment

The report you linked to shows 1 bit in error. Which does make it more likely it is a RAM fault (and not some other hardware).

It looks like you have 3 x 8GB sticks installed. So you should be able to run on 2 x 8GB indefinitely. This might be faster as well and it should switch to dual channel with two sticks.
        If you can't get it replaced for free and need more than 16GB, buy a matching pair.

Comment

I had 4 sticks and removed the one preventing the tests from running. I gonna try and RMA both of the faulty sticks. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X