Error on block module 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on block module 6

Hello, this is a fairly new computer (built it around nov-dec) and it was working perfectly until few weeks or about a month ago video games started crashing to desktop. The crash would be very random, I would play for couple hours it would crash or 10minutes and it would crash (few times it did not crash after playing for 3-4hours). Then I checked the event logs and found a bunch of application errors, so realised this is a problem. Tried multiple fixes nothing worked and whilst searching for fixes and ended up doing memtest.

Here are the specs:
    i7-9700k (not oc'ed)
    asus rog maximus xi hero wifi
    corsair vengeance lpx 2x (2x8gb) 3200mhz CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    rtx 2080ti
    evga supernova g3 750w

After doing memtest, this is what I got:

so, then I ran only test 6 again

now since the ram was on xmp profile, I turned it back to auto and tried again (in memtest it still showed that ram is at 3200mhz, is it a bug? cpu-z and bios show 2133mh), however the error still persisted.
    This is the last log https://pastebin.com/xPnvbsb4

So now what could be the problem? Is it cpu? since the error only comes to cpu 5, is it motherboard or the ram?

Thank you

Looks like bad RAM.

See,
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

I've retested each ram individually in each slot and it the error only happens when 4 modules are installed, is it still ram issue?

Comment

It is not unusual to see errors in dual channel mode and not see them in single channel mode.
        So yes, I still think it is a RAM issue.
        Try them in pairs.

Might be that voltages are marginal and with 4 sticks the extra electrical load causes a slight voltage drop below what the marginal stick can deal with.

Comment

Alright so, at first I want to mention that this was my first pc build and really don't know much about computers. I believe the issue was that I'm an idiot, but still the question remains why it was not happening before.

I forgot to mention above, that I also tried pairing them and the error only occurs when I have 4 modules. Because of that, I tried running the game with only 2 modules, crash still happened.
          NOW I received an email from corsair saying that it's most likely due to compatibility issue, because I bought 2 separate 2x8 kits, instead of 4x8, however I doubted that due to everything being fine for few months prior to the crashes happening, unfortunetely the ram seems to be different. The 2 kits have different versions, one is 5.32 other one is 5.39. At the moment of writing, I have not tried placing 2 matching sticks and testing the game, but I believe that is the case. Now my biggest question remains, why did this start happening only now?

Comment

Right, so I paired the correct version ram, but it still crashed.

Comment

Now try the other pair in the same slots.
              Then try the 1st pair in the other motherboard slots.

Comment

Yeah, tried the other pair and it does not seem to be crashing. It's difficult to explain in written, but when I tried 2 modules before and no errors showed up, I had ver 5.39 and 5.32 mixed up, after realizing that, I placed identical 5.39, crash still happened and now I placed 5.32 kit and crashes seem to dissapear. So I believe one of the modules from 5.39 kit is damaged, or both. In case the crashes would still appear with current pair installed, I will try getting a new kit and testing that out. Also could it be a gpu problem?

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Comment

If Memtest86 reports problems it is very unlikely to be a GPU problem.

BUT, games are often buggy and so are video card device drivers. So it would be possible that you have a RAM problem and a (different) problem with the particular game.

Comment

Working...
                  X