ECC Errors Detected in memtest86, but Errors=0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECC Errors Detected in memtest86, but Errors=0

Hello everyone, this is the first time i'm writing a topic here! I've been going through an annoying problem recently, i'm using 4x Kllisre ECC DDR3 4gb modules that i bought from Aliexpress, and sometimes i would get a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message, and also the GPU performance would drop a lot when watching YouTube or gaming (Don't know if RAM can cause this), i've used memtest86 to check each individual stick, two of them showed no errors, but the others showed a lot of "ECC Errors Detected" on it, the thing is, it's strange that the "Errors" count was 0 all the time, i'm uploading an example image that i got from Google to show how it appeared to me (In my case, a lot more appeared)

My setup:
    Kllisre X79 LGA 2011 Motherboard
    Intel Xeon E5 2650 V2 (No overclock)
    4x Kllisre ECC DDR3 4GB Modules
    Xfx RX 570 8gb
    Kingston 240gb SSD
    1Tb SATA HDD
    720Gb SATA HDD

Any help would be appreciated!

ECC corrects single bit errors. So after the error is corrected in hardware, there is no longer an error.

With 2 bit errors, they can't be corrected, but they can be detected. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a sign of that.

Comment

But what about the GPU performance? Can these 2 bit errors cause slowdown in performance too?

Comment

A lot of ECC corrections can slow the machine down.

Just a few shouldn't. More likely it is some other cause (e.g. slow internet).

Comment

Working...
        X