Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell which module is failing?

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out. Does memtest have the function to tell you which module is failing without having to mess about trying each module through a process of elimination? ie does memtest display a report something like address xyz fails on slot 1 etc etc or does memtest map the address to the modules so I can work out which one is failing?

I don't mind paying for the pro version if this function is available.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by katiephilip View Post
    Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out. Does memtest have the function to tell you which module is failing without having to mess about trying each module through a process of elimination? ie does memtest display a report something like address xyz fails on slot 1 etc etc or does memtest map the address to the modules so I can work out which one is failing?

I don't mind paying for the pro version if this function is available.

Thanks in advance
    Unfortunately, mapping the system address to the specific DIMM slot number isn't a straight-forward process, and how it is performed depends on the chipset's memory controller. For example, consecutive memory addresses may be interleaved between the DIMMs to improve memory performance. To be able to determine the mapping algorithm for every possible memory controller would be an impossible task for us.

For systems that support ECC memory, depending on the memory controller, there may be some limited information regarding the failing DIMM number for ECC errors.

Comment

Working...
    X