memtest v5 ueif reports errors, v4.3 bios reports none

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest v5 ueif reports errors, v4.3 bios reports none

I am concerned the v5 pro gives me errors (although if i turn the mem cacheing off it gives the all clear) but the same usb stick booted via bios instead which runs the 4.3 version gives me the all clear. What is going on, is this a know error/possibility and if so which do i trust, ueif or bios verson

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    I am concerned the v5 pro gives me errors (although if i turn the mem cacheing off it gives the all clear) but the same usb stick booted via bios instead which runs the 4.3 version gives me the all clear. What is going on, is this a know error/possibility and if so which do i trust, ueif or bios verson
    Can you post the details of the errors you are getting from MemTest86 v5. Better yet if you can e-mail or upload the MemTest86.log file for us to look at.

Comment

I had the same issue. Booted to USB and ran test on BSOD box, no errors found. Noticed it ran v4 test, so I enabled UEFI in BIOS to boot to v5 test- errors found. Replaced RAM- all good. Sorry, did not save log file (only took screenshot of summary page). It's worth noting that v5 of Memtest86+ also did not find errors.

Comment

If errors were consistently reported in V5, and you swapped the RAM and then testing was consistently error free, it is pretty conclusive that there was a real hardware fault.

MemTest86 V5 does have some additional tests and differences compared to V4. In particular.
        • Addition of 2 new memory tests to take advantage of 64bit data and SIMD instructions
        • Optimizations for faster testing, which means higher CPU load and overall higher system temperatures.
        • Running as native 64bit application. So what's known as the PAE memory window doesn't need to be used any more to access more than 4GB.
        • ECC RAM is supported.

MemTest86+ V5.x is comparable to MemTest86 V4.x.

So it totally believable that MemTest86 V5 results are different from V4 in some circumstances.

Comment

Working...
        X