RAM keeps erroring at Test #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM keeps erroring at Test #7

I wanted to upgrade from 16GB of RAM to 32GB, so I bought a 16GB kit from Corsair, that matched the other 2x 8GB sticks I originally had. When I run Memtest86 on my original 2x sticks, no errors happen.

When I first got my second 16gb kit my computer started to BSOD alot, so I ran memtest86 and it had an error in test #7. So I sent that 16gb kit back and got another one, and this time it gives me 2x errors on test #7! They match perfectly, same timings, same speed, same voltage, etc. And it still errors out. I just ran 2 more passes of just test #7 and it worked fine. Is this something I should be concerned about?

If you are still getting the BSOD, then yes, I would be concerned.
    Maybe the motherboard is marginal. Try turning off XMP or bumping up voltages slightly (neither of which should be required if everything was working how it should).

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      If you are still getting the BSOD, then yes, I would be concerned.
      Maybe the motherboard is marginal. Try turning off XMP or bumping up voltages slightly (neither of which should be required if everything was working how it should).
      It hasn't bluescreened on this new kit yet...I will continue to monitor. If it does I will turn XMP off and try something else.

Comment

Working...
      X