Where is my memory speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my memory speed?

Discovered Memtest yesterday, and was pretty pumped on its potential to boot from USB so I can test memory on server configurations before they go out. Only problem is, the key use I had in mind was to verify that the memory being installed was the speed it's supposed to be. I have performed all Memtest's available tests, and I cannot get it to show the basic memory specs (speed, etc.) which I've seen on other users' screenshots. Below is a screenshot of a test I left running since last night. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. I've ran through all the options in Configuration and this is still all I can get it to produce. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140314_080422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	35124

Originally posted by CJansen View Post
    Discovered Memtest yesterday, and was pretty pumped on its potential to boot from USB so I can test memory on server configurations before they go out. Only problem is, the key use I had in mind was to verify that the memory being installed was the speed it's supposed to be. I have performed all Memtest's available tests, and I cannot get it to show the basic memory specs (speed, etc.) which I've seen on other users' screenshots. Below is a screenshot of a test I left running since last night. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. I've ran through all the options in Configuration and this is still all I can get it to produce. Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129[/ATTACH]
    MemTest86 v4.3.6 does not display the RAM module timings/speed. You will need to run MemTest86 v5 (requires UEFI) to be able to see the timing details of your RAM modules.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Keith!

Comment

Oh, so v5 is only UEFI. I'm testing memory on a server that has no OS, or CD/DVD for that matter. So just to confirm, I'm limited to v4 for BIOS testing? Damn....

Comment

Originally posted by CJansen View Post
          Oh, so v5 is only UEFI. I'm testing memory on a server that has no OS, or CD/DVD for that matter. So just to confirm, I'm limited to v4 for BIOS testing? Damn....
          UEFI support depends on your motherboard, so you will need to check with the specs to see if it is available. (ie. It has nothing to do with whether or not an OS or a CD/DVD drive is present)

Comment

Working...
          X