Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No errors with Default or Individually OC'd CPU and RAM. Errors when OC'd together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No errors with Default or Individually OC'd CPU and RAM. Errors when OC'd together?

I initially ran a test after having multiple blue screen crashes when I had a manual Overclock of my CPU (Folllowing this guide) and RAM. I have uploaded the test results labelled as 'Manual Overclock'.

Since I was getting multiple errors, I decided to run everything with default settings and as hoping it came back with 0 errors. Following that I ran a Game Boost CPU Overclock (MSI MotherBoard) with Default RAM settings and I received 0 errors again. Immediately following I removed the Game Boost O/C to ensure the stock settings for my CPU and Enabled XMP to test my RAM Overclock. At the end of that test I once again received 0 errors.

Since everything was looking good with default and individual Overclock settings, I decided to enable both the Game Boost and XMP Overclock to see how that held up. I have uploaded the test results labelled as 'Game Boost and XMP Overclock'.

Though it wasn't as many errors as my initial run with manual Overclocking and I haven't had any blue screens or crashes, I am still uneasy from the errors. After reading this forum for a couple days iv'e seen many different opinions varying from people saying that having a couple errors doesn't necessarily mean there is a hardware issue or major concern to others saying you shouldn't accept any errors.

I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions on a more stable Overclock with fewer errors or as long as my Temperatures stay stable to continue running the Automatic Overclock my Mother-Board provides. Thank you for reading and I appreciate any suggestions

I don't know why it wont let me edit this, but here is my build.

Comment

Spammers have been making posts, then coming back a few days later to add additional spammy links in the posts. So we limited editing of old posts.

Comment

After reading this forum for a couple days iv'e seen many different opinions varying from people saying that having a couple errors doesn't necessarily mean there is a hardware issue
        I doubt there are many, or any, posts on this forum saying a few errors is OK (with the possible exception of the hammer test, #13).
        One error is bad.
        Dozens of errors is very bad.

If the system doesn't crash, that is just good luck. But you still be see subtle faults (like disk corruption overt time, and bad calculation results).

Comment

Working...
        X