Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Errors in Test 7

Hello everyone,

I recently decided to upgrade my ram from 8gb to 16gb (2x4gb and now 4x4gb, respectively). Memtest ran fine on the original 2x4gb. Ran memtest on new 2x4gb, also fine. Now, whenever I run all 4 at the same time, I get errors in test 7 only. I have tried adjusting voltages and timings - no significant differences. I noticed that if I go up past 1.65v, the errors become more frequent and also expand into other tests. If I decrease voltage to ~1.615v, I get only a few errors in test 7 (compared to ~a dozen with 1.65V). I have tried messing with all sorts of voltages but have not had any success in completely eliminating the errors. I have tried all the factory XMP settings and other profiles within BIOS, but nothing (most of the time errors get worse).

Is it simply due to the fact that these sticks of ram were not in a kit together? I got the second set of ram just recently, my original is years old.

Here are the specs:

Gigabyte z87x-ud4h-cf
    4x4gb Kingston HyperX Gensis ram (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX)
    Intel Core i5 - 4670K
    128 gb SSD
    GTX 960

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. My mobo supports very expanded OC options, allowing me to finely tweak my settings. I may just toss these on my local market place for free (since they technically aren't faulty) and just get a kit 2x8gb.

Thanks for your time!

It does sound like an incompatibility issue.
    And yes, mixing two different sets can cause problems. But most of the time it is fine.
    Would be interesting to try all 4 sticks in another motherboard (a different make and model).

Comment

Working...
    X