Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail on 7th Run

Good Morning.

I ran the Memtest v. 4.2.2 for ca. 10 hours last night. All of the ten runs that completed had no errors, except the seventh run, which indicated 4 errors. My confidence score indicated 156. I am wondering if the errors on run 7 might have been just a power glitch as it seems odd to me that none of the other runs indicated any errors? I am using 32 GB of DDR3 memory and a 6-core Intel processor. It would be a bear to remove my memory, as I have a massive CPU heat sink over it. I am currently running the latest version of memtest, which I downloaded and burned to a disk this morning. I will look at the results at the end of the day.

Yes, it might be an intermittent problem.
    Once you have finished re-running the test with the latest MemTest86 release post the results.

Comment

It ran v. 4.3.6 for 12 & 1/2 hours with no errors while I was at work today. Go figure! I turned up my CPU fan (which had a prior tendency to shut off entirely at low temps because of the gargantuan size of my heat sink) just in case the previous run errors were caused by a heat issue. I might try running version 5.0.0 tonight.

Comment

Sounds like the machine is OK (or very nearly OK).
        Are there any other signs that make you suspect the RAM might be bad. e.g. BSOD

Comment

No BSOD--actually the machine, in general, has been the most stable computer I have owned. I leave it on all the time. I did have to repair Outlook about four days after I did the latest Windows 8.1 update last week--which was the reason I ran Memtest again--but that could have been MS's fault.

Comment

I did another 10 & 1/2 hours of testing overnight with ver. 5.0.0 and no errors; I think my memory is o.k.

Comment

Working...
            X