Memtest86 Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 Fail

Hi all after deciding to dip my toe back in the PC building game after a decade with laptops ive come up against an issue i just can get my head around.
    I have been plagued by BSOD's all different errors but all pointing back to a memory issue.
    After a while i decided to have a go at running Memtest86 (my first ever attempt) and after around 3 hours of testing it returned a fail.
    The CPU/MBD and Ram are all new and my understanding is this is likely where the cause of the fail is.
    I have attached a copy of the report in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance, an old timer new to this game.

John

Click image for larger version

Name:	Memtest Outputs 250520.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	47772

Looks like bad RAM.

See this page to start with
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Hi, so bought a brand new set of memory (Corsair) from a different supplier and installed in the motherboard fine.
      Ran memtest and got back a full pass report so more than happy. Since started having a few more BSOD's so reran memtest and now im getting errors on the new ram very confused but hope someone can help. Has the new ram now gone defective or is there an issue further up system with my mobo / cpu?
      Worth noting im running auto settings in my mobo bios so no overclocking etc and ive updated to the latest bios aswell.
      Last edited by Steamplug; May-28-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X