Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UEFI Firmware Error] Could not start CPU X

Good day,

I've experiencing some hardware failure due to either the CPU (Ryzen 3900X) or the Motherboard (Asus ROG VIII Wi-Fi).
    I've been trying to run a Memtest session to try to pin down the problem.

The program is unable to complete successfully a full test, and shows multiple "[UEFI Firmware Error] Could not start CPU X" (with X valued 3 and 2 mostly) errors.
    I've tried to execute the test with different RAM modules (either 1 or 2) on all the 4 DIMM slots on the Motherboard.

I've also tried to run the test (successfully) with these RAM modules (F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) on a different computer.

I'm struggling to understand who's the culprit here.

https://imgur.com/a/5CjaH92

Thank you very much,
    Ales

It may be a bug in the UEFI firmware's multiprocessing implementation.
    I would try running in one of the other CPU modes (single, round robin, etc)

If you happen to have the log file from the run (MemTest86.log under EFI\BOOT\), can you attach or e-mail us a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      It may be a bug in the UEFI firmware's multiprocessing implementation.
      I would try running in one of the other CPU modes (single, round robin, etc)

If you happen to have the log file from the run (MemTest86.log under EFI\BOOT\), can you attach or e-mail us a copy.
      Thank you very much for your reply.

Currently I can’t retrieve the log file. I’ve tried to run the test on some specific cores, one by one: there are some that work flawlessly and some that fail immediately (the same ones highlighted in the previous error messages).

For instance, selecting a test for the core 0 worked perfectly for hours. Selecting the test for the core 3 failed immediately without even starting.

Comment

Working...
      X