High CPU temp in memtest86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High CPU temp in memtest86

​Hey 2 days ago I was testing my RAM by memtest86 for about 8 minutes I know it was too short but I saw something very suspicious I realized that memtest86 shows my CPU temp as 105*C (the highest one) Is it even possible to reach that CPU temp in RAM stress test? Im really afraid that could damage my PC or something like that but I hope CPU's temperature reader doesn't work as it should in memtest86 am I right? My PC doesn't overheat in gaming and daily things.

Ryzen 1600af (box cooler)
    16gb (8x2) crucial ballistix 3600mhz cl16
    1660 gigabyte super gaming oc
    silentiumpc rg6v
    b450 msi gaming plus max
    vero l3 600w

All the Ryzen's have a crazy temperature offset scheme (so the raw value reported is basically wrong). Each model has it's own offset value to work out the correct value.
    Modern CPUs throttle or shut down when too hot. So damage isn't very likely.

We'll check what offset we have for this model.

Comment

Thank you for your answer

So, to sum up I don't have to worry because the displayed temperature was not correct right?

Comment

Yes, we checked, MemTest86 is slightly behind for the new Ryzen CPUs. So you are seeing the raw temperature (which is pretty meaningless).
        We'll get the offset updated for the AMD Ryzen 5 1600 for the next MemTest86 release.
        The offset is -49C BTW.

Comment

Working...
        X