No announcement yet.

Test 4 fail reproducable - mobo fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test 4 fail reproducable - mobo fault?

Hi All,

After recently putting a new system together with a Ryzen 5 3600 + 5700xt I was experiencing stuttering issues in game. I replaced the card after performing GPU based trouble shooting with a 2060 super and the problems persisted, albeit to a lesser degree.

Following this I read stuttering can often be caused by faulty RAM. So I ran memtest in all the scenarios; single and dual channel in all the ram slots with XMP on and off. I only encountered errors when running dual channel config.

Problem solved, or so I thought. I then purchased a new kit of hyper X fury rgb 3200mhz C16 to validate my theory and I'm still getting memtest errors, albeit only on test 4; running memtest produces the same result each time.

Therefore my question is, is there a way of determining what component is at fault here?

All help much appreciated, system specs below:

Ryzen 5 3600 @ stock (latest chipset drivers from AMD)
    16GB Hyper X Fury RGB 3200mhz C16
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro (latest F50 bios)
    EVGA RTX 2060 Super SC Ultra 8GB (latest drivers)
    Corsair GS800 PSU
    Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (boot)
    WD 1TB HDD

Stuttering isn't a common symptom of RAM failure. Random crashes are far more common. Unless maybe it is ECC RAM and there is a last number of corrected errors. But I don't think that is the case here.

But getting RAM errors isn't a good thing.

I did a quick search on the internet, and there are lots of people reporting issues with this motherboard. Two in our forum and many others in other forums.
    https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...fferent-memory
    100s of different reports of problems on Reddit alone (in including your own which you have cross-posted).

Can you post the summary report that is displayed at the end of the MemTest86 run.

Comment

Working...
    X