Crashing that randomly happens while playing games or just browsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing that randomly happens while playing games or just browsing

Hi I build my PC that I currently am using and it was my first one every built but it booted fine and played games fine until I upgraded my CPU and graphics card this was about a year or year and a half ago I upgrade my mobo to a Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard, my CPU to a Ryzen 5 2600x and my GPU to a Nvidia GTX 1070 ti and from there it was all downhill I started crashing while playing games and doing simple things like watching youtube and I had to RMA my graphics card 5 TIMES before I stopped having crashes or blue screens then I recently upgraded my GPU again as I wanted something more powerful so I got a Radeon 5700xt and I had no problems for about a couple days then I would start crashing while playing games and again doing simple things so I RMA'D my card and still no fix so I RMA'D my ram and still nothing fixed still getting blue screen errors saying something like " Video tdlr failure" and "memory management error" so I found out you could do memory tests using a thing called MemTest86 and after 3 hours of it testing my CPU alone I got 3 errors having to do with CPU 6 and CPU 5 two of them were from CPU 6 here is what it said : [Data Error] Test: 8, CPU: 6, Address: 2051F92FC, Expected: 35FD866F, Actual: 357D866F, [Data Error] Test: 6, CPU: 6, Address: 206CE27E0, Expected: 10004000, Actual: 10000000 and this is from CPU 5 : [Data Error] Test: 7, CPU: 5, Address: 201E753FC, Expected: 00800000, Actual: 00000000 and I was hoping to get some insight from these forums as I have seen that there is a dedicated forum just for MemTest86 I have already requested an RMA for my CPU but I guess I just wanted to get some more clarity oh and I also never overclocked my CPU I have always kept it at stock speeds

Holly cow, not a single full stop or paragraph break. Really not making it easy to help.

> [Data Error] Test: 8, CPU: 6, Address: 2051F92FC, Expected: 35FD866F, Actual: 357D866F

Well something is definitely wrong.
    First suspect is RAM. Then BIOS settings. Then RAM slots. Then CPU.
    If you have already replaced the RAM, try updating BIOS. Then try testing with half the RAM in case it is a bad slot (you didn't give any details about your RAM, but I assume you have multiple sticks).

See also,
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Working...
    X