MemTest 4.3.7 released - 13/May/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest 4.3.7 released - 13/May/2014

While we released V5 of MemTest86 in Dec 2013, we are also continuing to maintain V4.x of MemTest86. We are supporting both releases because V5 of MemTest86 only works on UEFI machines. (UEFI is in most machines manufactured since 2009). But for older machines, with traditional BIOS, V4.x is still required.

What new in V4.3.7 compared to V4.3.6
    • Fixed freeze on start up (particularly for older machines from the Pentium 4 era) caused by incorrect handling of RSDP revision 0 in the multiprocessor detection code. The RSDP is a BIOS data structure that is used to decode the ACPI data.
    • Added menu option for enabling serial console mode. This is useful if you are running a machine without a monitor connected, which is sometimes the case for embedded computing solutions.

Download links
    http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
    (source code is included in the download package)

What's coming
    We are also working on a new V5.1 release. It should be available in a couple of weeks.

Hi my dearest TestBed vendors

In the distant past and in the near past, did you have issues with false positives? Just for the sakes of old times on test I had Abit NF7-S2 with Barton 2500+ runing as 3200+ (FSB from 166 to 200MHz) - rocksolid on Prime95 27.9, OCCT 4.4.0, LinX, Passmark BurnIn 7, Nuclearus v2

2 populated banks with neat and clean moduls/slots with Geil Blue 2x512MB DDR-400 kit CL2.5 all on auto.

Well, in 6th and 9th pass on v4.3.6 there were lot's of errors, I'll post a picture later or a dump. But are they really errors?!

This machine and Geil mem were also tested with:

GoldMemory 7.85 pro for 2 thorough passes......no errors
    MemTest86+ v5.01 10 passes............no errros
    HCI MemTest 4.0 Deluxe cycle 1000%.......no errors
    DocMemory v3.1b for 5 passes............no error
    Windows Memory Diagnostic advanced pattern (Windows 7) for 4 passes..........no errors
    M2K MemScope 1.1 for 5 passes..........no errors

Is this a clear shot? Is there any chance that NF2 chipset detection, BIOS routines etc. interfere with MT86 so it pops up FP?

Comment

We aren't aware of any false positive issues in the V4.3.6 nor V4.3.7 releases.

From your description, the errors only happened rarely, as I assume you did 10 passes in total, meaning 8 were error free.

I would suggest repeating the tests with MemTest86. If you get the same errors in the same 2 passes, then that would be suggestive of a software bug MemTest86. If repeat the tests you get no errors, or different errors, then that is more suggestive of an intermittent hardware fault.

Comment

Working...
      X