Memtest86 crashing shortly after boot from USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 crashing shortly after boot from USB

I’ve been getting blue screens while gaming. I believe it's either a RAM or CPU problem. I've been trying to boot memtest86 from my USB drive to test my ram first. When I boot from the USB I get the attached screen. Once it reaches the final line, my computer instantly shuts off and restarts. I am at a loss for what to do.

Could be a hardware failure. Or could be a UEFI BIOS bug which causes problems with multi-threading. (which we can add to a black list which will force single threaded testing on this motherboard).

Can you check for BIOS firmware updates.

Then if you still have the problem can you send us the debug log file.
    See,
    https://www.memtest86.com/tech_debug-logs.html

Comment

I forgot to mention my hardware in the original post. I have an AMD FX 8350 8@4.3ghz and an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R3.0 mobo. I had updated my bios firmware previous to posting here, however it originally was running the most updated version. I noticed on the link you posted that the Sabertooth 990 had known issues, but that appears to be only with the intel processor.

Comment

Here is the log file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs.

Can you try adding the following line to mt86.cfg file under EFI\BOOT\ of the USB flash drive.

Code:
          "SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0",ALL,EXACT,RESTRICT_MP

Comment

I don't have an mt86.cfg on the USB drive. The only .cfg file I have is blacklist.cfg
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X