Need help with BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Is this a RAM problem? I have regular BSOD problem irql_not_less_or_equal occur randomly

I did memtest86 3 times, 1 with both sticks, then 1 for each stick, all failed
    here are the results
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gI?usp=sharing

Dell G5 5587
    Intel Core i5-8300H
    Lowest Error Address 0x558E5180 (1368MB)
    Highest Error Address 0x239B65180 (9115MB)
    Bits in Error Mask 00000000FFFFFFFF
    Bits in Error 32
    Max Contiguous Errors 2
    Test 8 [Random number sequence] 2/3 (66%) 9226049
    Well something is wrong. But the errors aren't typical for a simple RAM error.

There are lots of bits in error, a wide range of addresses failing and huge numbers of failures in just one test. Plus to see similar errors on both sticks would seem unlikely.

So I would be starting to suspect some other fault. e.g UEFI BIOS bug or bad CPU.

Comment

How can I fix the UEFI BIOS bug?

Comment

Check if Dell have new BIOS firmware for the machine.
        If not, then I would be tempted to report the machine back to Dell as being faulty.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Could an improper BIOS configuration be a cause? There's a June BIOS update on Dell site, mine is currently the Feb version. Hopefully, it's not the CPU, it's beyond warranty period, I can leave the machine idle for a long time and it seems fine.

Comment

RAM errors can certainly be caused by setting the wrong voltage or clock speeds in BIOS. But I assume you are running with the default settings.

Comment

Thank you. I remember having an "test interrupted. Too many errors" on both individual ram tests. If the BIOS update wouldnt fix, is there software to diagnose the cpu?

Comment

Working...
              X