Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memtest results interpretation (black screen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest results interpretation (black screen)

I have a lenovo yoga and am getting the black screen when memtest starts to run (still getting a log file, and tried including my product name into the blacklist file to see if that helped with no resolution). Then updated bios to 1/2020 version which also did not help.

Anyways, been having a lot of IQRL and memory management errors in the last few weeks. Have reset and reformatted computer and have basically nothing installed to limit program-based causes. Have run all basic windows diagnostics with no errors identified, and my windows dumpfiles can never point me towards an actual cause.

Ran memtest for just an hour to see if anything popped up, but I'm not sure how to interpret the log (or resolve the black screen, if that is possible via the log). I see error count at 0 which seemed reassuring, but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the logs.

Did you try adding the following line to the blacklist.cfg file.

Code:
    "LNVNB161216",ALL,EXACT,FIXED_SCREENRES
    The test went through 1.5 passes without any memory errors, so there weren't any obvious memory issues detected. Still, it is better to complete all 4 passes to increase the confidence level.

I also assume that you can't simply replace the memory in your Lenovo machine (due to it being soldered to the motherboard)?

Comment

Working...
    X