Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memtest 86 results (2 errors, either ram or cpu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest 86 results (2 errors, either ram or cpu)

Hey ! So i've built this computer like a month ago and recently, i've been experiencing blue screens of death while playing video games (like AC Odyssey / Insurgency Sandstorm). Those blue screens had the following error codes : Critical structure corruption and Memory Management. And so i've decided to download Memtest 86 (free version) to see if my ram had any problems (Btw i've reset and reinstalled Windows 10 so i don't think it is a software issue.)

After a few minutes, i got 2 errors in the 6th Test that you can see in this picture : https://imgur.com/a/CyzMPr1

If you can't see the image, the errors were : Test: 6, CPU: 11, Address: 41C1A6820, Expected: 00010400, Actual: 00000400

So I don't really understand if these errors come from either the Ram or the cpu and it would be cool if someone could help me with this, if I should like send back my ram / cpu or try other tests to figure out the problem.
    Thanks very much !

Most likely bad RAM.

See
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

OK, so you would recommend me to use the warranty and replace my 2x8 gb of ram? Because i guess it's not repairable ?

Comment

Ok so i've tried doing the same test while taking out one of the two ram sticks (i removed the one in the 4th slot and left the one in the 2nd slot). And no error came up.

So then after I swapped the ram stick in the second slot with the one i removed previously and no error came up.

And finally : I put back the stick that i had originally in the 2nd slot so there were 2 ram sticks like at the beginning and surprisingly i got no error.

But i don't understand because the first test of them all that i did with the 2 ram sticks had an error and after swapping the 2 ram sticks with one another, i got no error...
        So maybe it is a problem with like the motherboard slots? I have no idea.

Thank you if you can help me.

Comment

Ok, now i really don't understand, I re-did the exact same test as when i got the errors and this time i get nothing. But all i was doing was swapping around the ram sticks how come I get no error now ?

Comment

Maybe you cleaned up the gold fingers on the connectors by re-seating the sticks.

Or maybe there is some external factor. e.g. different ambient temperature in your room.

Comment

Yeah, the fact that I re-seated the sticks cleaned them up is kinda weird since i've had this pc for like 4 weeks. And the temperatures seem pretty fine, on Insurgency sandstorm my gpu gets up to 60 degrees Celcius and my cpu 70 celcius.

Comment

Working...
              X