How Do I Enter Failsafe Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Enter Failsafe Mode?

Hello, I'm booting to Memtest86 v. 8.4 but it hangs up almost immediately at 82% of the first test. I'm trying to run it in Failsafe mode, but it doesn't show a prompt to enter failsafe mode, and no matter when I press the F1 key it doesn't work. Any idea how to get in?

I should mention that this is a Dell Latitude laptop, and the memory has passed the extended memory tests in the onboard Dell diagnostics several times. Thanks!

There is no failsafe mode, but if you believe you may have encountered a bug with MemTest86, please send in the log. A log file (MemTest86.log) is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition.

Comment

Thank you. Did FailSafe mode used to be a feature that was removed? I see a lot of posts and articles about using it.

I attached the log file. It was too big to upload here so I had to zip it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but I will reiterate that my memory passed Dell's extended diagnostic several times now. I tried to test a single 4 GB stick (in each slot) and double 2 GB sticks. System is an older Dell latitude E6410.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X