Problems at the end of MemTest86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems at the end of MemTest86

Hello. I just finished memtest86 test on my computer. I ran it as default (waited it to start automatically). Why I'm posting here is because I don't know did it finish the test right. When it was at 100%, pass 4 of 4, memtest86 just stopped but it wasn't showing any results.

Nothing was happening, so I pressed esc key. It then showed some reseults, but was also partially showing the screen where test stopped. Then I pressed down arrow, and it took me to the main sreen of memtest86. I noticed that it wasn't actually showing whole main screen, exit option didn't fit in, it was like below the screen edge. Anyway I pressed x key to exit and it did reboot.

So did everything go all right, I got no errors during those 4 passes. Or is it signal from some kind of problem when stopping in the end like that?

Here are pictures from frozen sreen and result screen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20140621_182310[2].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	35144Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20140621_182607[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	35145

Good news is that it looks like the memory test passed without any problems. However, it looks like there are display problems in both console and graphics mode. What is the motherboard on your system?

I would first check the BIOS configurations to see if there are any settings related to boot display (such as resolution) that you can change. Sometimes these are hidden under ambiguous settings such as "Boot Logo Display". I would also check your motherboard vendor website to see if there any firmware updates for your motherboard.

Comment

Mobo is MSI z97m-G43

Couldn't find resolution settings from BIOS

BIOS is also up to date (1.2)

Comment

There should be a setting called "Full Screen Logo Display" in the BIOS setup. Can you try toggling the value to see if it has any effect.

Also, there is a 'Windows 8/ 8.1 Configuration' setting that may be of interest.

Comment

Working...
        X