Help with Memtest86 passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Memtest86 passes

Got a new laptop and before my replacement window runs out, I decided to run the Memtest86 today. I never tried this program before in my life and I am a tech noob so please bear with me. So after going through some articles, YouTube tutorials and figuring out how to access BIOS etc I performed the test and it took 2.5 hrs. Unfortunately I forgot to take an image of the result. I have attached an image I took in the beginning, (wrt to the image) I remember after 2.5 hours the "1/4 pass" changed to "4/4 pass" and something like "test completed with zero errors. press Esc to Exit" was displayed. Then I pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit and that was about it.

(1) Now I am wondering if that is enough? I read something about doing 8 passes, running it overnight, for 24 hours... I am super confused about what they mean. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this? Do I just do the same default test again or is there another way?

(2) Also, my laptop's temp seemed to have reached 67C and I did hear fan noise, is it normal?

67C is OK when under load.
    But 67C at idle would be bad.

4 passes is enough to catch the vast majority of errors.

Comment

Cool! Seems alright then. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X