Test #7 Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test #7 Errors

I have done 5 separate tests and am getting the same results every time in that test #7 gives a large amount of errors. There are no errors on the other tests. The results for test 7 do not increase on passes 2 & 3.
    I have tried just one stick of ram, tested in each slot and even an older ram stick and there is no difference, the results come out the same with only errors on test #7.
    The details are below.
    Dell Dimension 2300 (I know it's an old machine, but no problems till now). It was using XP but was having lock up problems so decided to do a re-install using Win 7. Which won't install properly.

CPU clk: 2492 MHz
    CPUs_Found 1 CPU MASK: ffffffff
    Iterations: 2 AdrsMode: PAE Errors: 3581
    Error Confidence Value: 109
    Lowest error address: 00000523000 - 5.1MB
    Highest Error address: 003f4cbffc - 1012.7MB
    Bits in Error - Total 31 Min: 1 Max: 12 Avg: 1
    Max Contiguous errors: 1

Tests 0-6 No errors
    Test 7 3581 errors
    Test 9 & 10 No errors.

From all this is it possible to see where my problem is?

What version of MemTest86 are you running?

I don't suppose you have a spare CPU and motherboard to try?

Comment

I'm using the free version of MemTest 86 V5.1.0 burned onto CD.
      Unfortunately I don't have a spare motherboard or CPU to try, to be frank, if the motherboard or the CPU has packed up, and taking the age of the computer into account, I think I would be better off buying a new tower. It's only a second machine that my wife uses for surfing and writing with.

Comment

If XP was locking up, Win7 won't install and MemTest86 reports errors, then it is fairly sure there is something wrong. As you say, this is a very old machine (about $60 value on E-Bay). So it doesn't make sense to spend hours debugging and fixing it. If you really want it working buy another one on EBay to use as spare parts.

Comment

I agree. Thanks for your time and help.

Comment

Working...
          X