Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on this test

Hello,

I have a laptop with 2 x 8Gb of RAM that experiences BSOD from time to time.
    I ran a first memtest and here is the result:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200910_195722.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	48507

Then I removed one of the RAM modules and ran a new test with 8 Gb of RAM only:

Name:	IMG_20200908_183532.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	48508

And a last one with the second RAM module only:

Name:	IMG_20200908_212357.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	48509

I have 2 questions:

- what is the probability of my two RAM modules being faulty at the same time? If the probability is low I guess it's the CPU or the motherboard ?

- does it tell anything on the issue that almost all errors occurs in test #7 ?

Thanks a lot!

what is the probability of my two RAM modules being faulty at the same time?
    Low.

If the probability is low I guess it's the CPU or the motherboard
    Maybe. Might be worth looking at the BIOS settings. If the RAM timings aren't default values, put them back to defaults. Then try very slight voltage increase or under clocking them.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

Maybe. Might be worth looking at the BIOS settings. If the RAM timings aren't default values, put them back to defaults. Then try very slight voltage increase or under clocking them.
      Unfortunately the settings I can change in the BIOS of my laptop are very limited and don't allow such tweaks. Is there any software (Windows or Linux) which can do that ?

Comment

Software like this does exist, but typically the software only works with a particular range of motherboards. So probably not.
        This is one of the big downsides in laptops compared to desktop computers. They are much harder to repair.

Comment

Working...
        X