Clear All

• New memory. Blue screen of death. 1 error found on Test 9

Click image for larger version

Name:	memtest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	35148

Hey guys,

First off, thanks so much for any helpful information. I recently installed a new 8g ram stick (Patriot PSD38G1600L2S) in my Asus laptop. The laptop worked well for about 2 days and now I'm experiencing random blue screens of death that require restarts (2-6 times a day depending on usage). One more thing to note is I recently completed a factory reinstall with all updates completed. This is a major problem for me because I'm in grad school and have a ton of research projects. Any help is appreciated!

Blue screen states the following:
    Lost the picture. Will update when it occurs again. Says something about /minidump/, a file in the temp folder, and the memory.dmp.

The computer is a Asus UX302L notebook.
    The memory is compatible per http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...rs-lounge.html and Fry's.

The only error found was this on 4 passes:
    2014-07-13 22:33:36 - [MEM ERROR - Data] Test: 9, CPU: 0, Address: 1862E10D8, Expected: DF9EEFE9, Actual: DE9EEFE9

I've since ordered new memory but I hope I can send it back if you guys have a solution. Again, thanks for your time and any help. Let me know if you need to know anything else. I know I read you guys prefer more than 4 passes typically. I can redo if you think it will be helpful.

Edit: Also, this memory is low voltage 1.35. I see on the report it says 1.5/1.35. I never made any changes to the bio as I didn't see anything that I could adjust that mentioned memory.

Josh
    Last edited by 04jstewa; Jul-15-2014, 12:44 AM.

You can use the nirsoft BSOD viewer to get details of past crashes.

But it looks like a real hardware fault. Very likely in the new RAM stick.
    Sometimes underclocking or playing around with timings and voltages can make it stable. But if it was my RAM stick I would just replace it.

Comment

Working...
    X