• Test#9 Failure

Click image for larger version

Name:	test #9 failure_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	35149
    I just got an error on test#9

what does this test do?

How can I relate this Failure Addr 33C218058 to a location on a device?
    Last edited by rdprtt; Jul-18-2014, 08:08 PM.

In Windows Server OS you are able to see a memory column in device manager, which shows you the mapped space.
    You can also try to rerun only this specific memory area and see if it fails again, by defining lower und upper limits.
    This is no ECC memory, right? Sometimes it just happens that an error occurs because the memory is not 100% reliable in long term (just nearly).

Comment

With dual, tri and quad channel RAM it is hard to know which address corresponds to which RAM stick. Plus the RAM slots are not normally numbered. So even knowing it was stick 3 doesn't normally help you know which stick is stick 3.

Test descriptions can be found on this page,
      http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm

Looks like it was running 17 hours before you got your single bit error. Being such an infrequent error means it is going to be hard to reproduce it and then confirm it is fixed. I do think it is a real RAM error however.

Comment

There is ECC on this device, I had been running this memtest86 on this board for a day or so and got one reported error on test#9 the next day go a run of about 26 errors on test 6 in about a half hour. The Board seemed to reset over the weekend and when I came in it reported 0 errors in 34 hours of testing.

Still trying to learn if these errors are real?

Comment

Working...
        X