Crashed halfway through 2nd run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed halfway through 2nd run

Så my computer has started dying randomly now after I built it. So I've started som troubleshooting and found this program.. So I ran it, and it made it through the first of the four runs without finding an error, then it died halfway through the 2nd run like every other time it has died, nothing.. no blue screen, just like the power goes out. You guys think it might be the memory after all or it might be something else?

Assume it is bad RAM to start with.
    Then once you have eliminated the possibility that it is the RAM, move on to the CPU, motherboard, power supply, EMI, etc..

Also check the CPU temperature, as overheating is a common issue with home built machines. People often don't attach the heat sink very well.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Assume it is bad RAM to start with.
      Then once you have eliminated the possibility that it is the RAM, move on to the CPU, motherboard, power supply, EMI, etc..

Also check the CPU temperature, as overheating is a common issue with home built machines. People often don't attach the heat sink very well.
      Well, the thing is that it dies when I just leave it to stand in BIOS to, and there i can monitor the temp the whole time, it never went over 40 degrees celsius.

Gona run the program again with each ram in each socket... Will come back with the results ^^

Comment

If using single modules in different slots didn't work:
        Try to detach everything you don't need.
        In your case I would recommend to detach ALL drives and add-on cards and see if the issue still occurs within bios. (maybe even graphics if possible)

Next you would have to swap some components...
        Note that memory can be totally fine but unstable in certain systems.

Comment

Working...
        X