MemTest fails when all 4 slots are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest fails when all 4 slots are in

My pc used to have 2x8gb RAM, then I decided to upgrade and I bought 2 more 8gb sticks of the exact same RAM. I plugged them in, and noticed that at random times certain applications would crash. I immediately recognized this, as I have had memory issues on other PCs. I thought that I had gotten faulty ram and send them back to repair. Their Technician could not find anything wrong with the RAM. While waiting to hear back I ordered another 2x8gb of RAM, but my motherboard only has 4 slots, but they are just spare.

Anyway, I have 4 slots A1 B1 A2 and B2, when all of them are filled I get this report back from Memtest: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AeM...ew?usp=sharing

I have only run a couple of full test, I started to only run test 8 as that would quickly indicate to me if it did not work

I tried testing with some different setup:
    A1 B1 A2 Gave me no errors, however, the memory speed feel by 5gb/s
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-iD...ew?usp=sharing
    Same for A1 B1 B2
    I also, for a sanity check tried the original A1 A2, and no issues there.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/145K...ew?usp=sharing

I don't know what the issue could be, I read that voltage might be a thing, but wanted to check here before I derp around with that.

I appreciate any response and help!

That files on Google Drive you linked to don't have public access so we can't see it.

I assume the motherboard is rated to support 32GB?

Changes in memory speed are probably related to the system changing from dual channel to single channel config.

You shouldn't need to 'derp' around with voltages to get RAM to work. It should just work, unless there is a BIOS bug.

Comment

Thabnk you for taking the time to respond!

Chaged the sharing for the docs.

By derping around, I meant that after doing some google searching for simmilar issues, it was sometimes suggested to up the voltage.

I assumed the speed had something todo with the fact that A1 A2/ B1 B2 was not linked, it did says so in my motherboard documentation.

My mother board is: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING

I will try to update the motherboard, (if there is any new drivers), and report back

Comment

After updating the motherboard version from 3003 to 3103, then running test 8. It yielded no improvements.
        So it still seems to fail ;(

Comment

It is a bit strange to have so many bits in error, but still, it is likely bad RAM
          See,
          https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Thanks again for your reply,

I have tried with A1 A2 slots in where I rotate the one on the A2 slots
            Note, I can't easily remove the memory stick on the A1 slot, so that is why it stays in all the tests

Naming the rest of my 5 RAM sticks "i,j,k,l,m"
            Where i, j, k is the one that is currently in the machine:
            After testing the A1 + i/j/k in the A2 slots, none of them return an error.
            I only ran test 8, as I did not have time to run the full test for each, nor did I have time to run my spare as well, but saw no point in it, as I am trying to find the broken one.

Don't know if you have any other suggestion to rotate my RAM?

Comment

I took a look at the manual again and had confused B1 with A2, so everywhere I mentioned B1 I meant A2, and everywhere I said A2 I meant B1
              As you might notice I introduced my slots as
              A1 B1 A2 and B2
              but the correct order is A1 A2 B1 B2

So when I earlier today said
              I have tried with A1 A2 slots in where I rotate the one on the A2 slots
              I meant A1 B1 and rotating the B1 slot

Comment

Working...
              X