Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MemTest86 v6.0 Beta (2015-02-13 Update - Beta testing is now closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tested today the latest beta version of MemTest86 and it works flawlessly with my Dell Inspiron Desktop 3847. I ran 4 passes and no errors, not even with Hammer Tests so I think my PC's memory is doing fine.

Just one question: Where can I find the saved results?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	34913Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender1.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	34914Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	34915

Comment

The file name for the saved results appear in your last screen shot. The file name depends on the date.

Comment

Hi David,

How many times does Memtest hamming test disturb a row? same as Yoongo Kim's sample code(260k times)? Can you provide this info.?

Thanks!

Comment

V6.0 of MemTest86
          has now been released. Thanks to everyone you helped test the beta release over the last 6 months

This release is code signed by Microsoft as well, meaning it is compatible with the UEFI Secure Boot feature.

Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC manufacturer. When the PC starts, the firmware checks the signature of each piece of boot software, including firmware drivers and the operating system (the operating system being MemTest86 in this case). If the signatures are good, the PC boots, and the firmware gives control to the operating system.

Comment

Working...
          X