USB mouse not working in 6.0b1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB mouse not working in 6.0b1.

Namely my Logitech G500s isn't working in 6.0b1. UEFI (did not try 5.1), except the cursor sporadically jumping over the screen after many movements and clicks...

So can not use the program!
    Fix please!!

P.S.
    Same with 5.1.
    My system is Asus maximus Gene V - 3770K, and the mouse is plugged in USB 2.0. Tried lower pooling rate too..
    Last edited by mdm; Sep-12-2014, 11:25 PM. Reason: New info
    LIBERATE TUTE ME EX INFERIS

Originally posted by mdm View Post
    So can not use the program!
    Fix please!!
    This is no showstopper for sure.
    Which action are you unable to control with the keyboard?
    You can navigate to all options with your keyboard, by pressing the hotkey.
    (e.g. 'T' for Test Selection)

Most likely this is caused by bugs in your system's firmware.

Comment

Oh sorry, I didn't end my thought! The program can surely be used via keyboard, but if I click with my mouse there can be an memory error registered! If the mouse is not touched no error..? I have latest BIOS with latest modules inserted (MEI, RST, GOP...)
      Anyway, it would be weird if the reason for the mouse not working is UEFI firmware, since the mouse works perfectly under other boot programs like Acronis bootable media, Paragon - Rescue Kit, OCZ PC BootableTools for SSD, and many other bootable tools and installations? And my K800 keyboard is wireless, and works normally?

I also noticed if I use Rufus or Universal USB Installer instead of image USB to make an boot USB (using either the .img or .iso), there is no double UEFI entry, and it works the same.

Comment

We've seen a variety of mouse behaviour associated with different UEFI firmware.

Originally posted by mdm View Post
        Anyway, it would be weird if the reason for the mouse not working is UEFI firmware, since the mouse works perfectly under other boot programs like Acronis bootable media, Paragon - Rescue Kit, OCZ PC BootableTools for SSD, and many other bootable tools and installations?
        It is possible that those programs you mentioned use their own mouse drivers, bypassing the firmware's built-in drivers. This is not the case for MemTest86. We may explore getting our own drivers running instead given the discrepancy we've seen with the UEFI BIOS's so far.

Comment

+1
          That would be nice!

Comment

Working...
          X