Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test 06 Crashing?

Hi, just to give a bit of backstory to the problems I'm having:

My RTX3090 keeps crashing to desktop during games. First thoughts were bad card or bad drivers, but I noticed that event viewer gave the error as "Graphics Exception - DATA_RAM_ACCESS_OUT_OF_BOUNDS" which pointed me to checking system memory.

System specs are:
    Asus Crosshair Dark Hero x570
    Ryzen 5950x
    Corsair 4x32gb 3200 w/ XMP

Ran a full pass of Memtest once and it gave me a few errors with test 06.

Ran multiple passes of just test 06 overnight - no errors

Tried to run just test 06 again this morning - instant crash (screen goes blank, GPU fan kicks in really high). Have to remove power to restart computer.

Tried running test 05 into test 06 - absolutely fine with no errors

Tried just test 06 again - instant crash.

Ran 1 full pass of all tests - no errors.

Needless to say I'm quite confused! I can't figure out why test 06 is causing crashes when it runs by itself, but as part of a full pass of tests everything is fine?

Side-note: If the monitor is powered off during a test and then turned on again the screen stays blank and the monitor reports no input. Is this a GPU/monitor issue or a Memtest issue?

Sorry, forgot the attach the log! I've only got the logs from today unfortunately, deleted yesterday's by accident.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pX-...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

That log didn't seem to contain any errors.

But if you got a few errors in Test #6 on another run. The RAM might be bad. Try running with half the RAM for a while. Then the other half.

Comment

Thanks, I'll run those tests now. Yes I overwrote the log with errors in by accident unfortunately.

Any idea why it crashes when starting test 6 by itself? The log shows where the crashes happen because you can see the test start and then the next timestamp is sometime later.

Comment

Crash could be hardware failure. We aren't aware of any software bugs that would cause it.

Comment

Working...
          X