MemTest86 and DRAM Current Timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 and DRAM Current Timings

Hi I am new to RAM testing and overclocking.
    I can be wrong anyway it seems to me MemTest86 it's only showing SPD timings and XMP timings.
    I am currently in the process of testing my memory sticks at faster speed than XMP but cannot find anywhere (using free edition) the speed I setup in BIOS.
    4 x CMT32GX4M4C3200C16
    Current Memory Clock: 1650.0 MHz => 1300.0 MHz
    Current Timing (tCAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS): 16-18-18-36
    So I am running at XMP advertised specs (voltage etc) but the frequency

At the moment a first run of 4 Pass gave me only 2 consecutive errors during Test 12 in one pass only
    A second run of 4 Pass gave 100% success

Is it possible to see *current* timings? Is this only available on Pro version?
    Thanks

MemTest86 doesn't report the RAM timing values currently set in the BIOS but only reports the timing capabilities stored in the DIMM's SPD module.

Comment

Originally posted by Furna View Post
      Current Memory Clock: 1650.0 MHz => 1300.0 MHz
      That was obviously a typo
      Current Memory Clock: 1650.0 MHz => 3300.0 MHz

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
      MemTest86 doesn't report the RAM timing values currently set in the BIOS but only reports the timing capabilities stored in the DIMM's SPD module.
      Is there any plan to read values from BIOS as well? Maybe in the upcoming version 9 still in beta?

Comment

We would like to. But we don't think there is any generic way to do it. (i.e. different code is required for near every CPU model in existence). But if you are aware of some code like this that is already available please let us know.

Comment

Working...
        X