Failing test 13 in memtest86 v6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing test 13 in memtest86 v6.0

Hello, I just built a new PC and have been having freezing issues in windows so I downloaded the newest version of memtest86. I pass all tests except test 13, (row hammer test) it came back with 52 errors. does this mean my memory is faulty? Someone told me that failing the last test (test 13) is normal, is that true?

Thank you for any help
    Last edited by raver87; Oct-20-2014, 06:27 PM.

The row hammer test reveals a hardware issue that supposedly affects some of the newer (2010 or later) DDR3 RAM modules, as explained in this paper by Yoongu Kim. In their tests, they were able to find that a majority of the tested modules are susceptible to this issue. We weren't able to replicate the failure rate (~2 out of 10+ systems) when testing with our systems, however. Still, the results cannot be ignored as it represents a scenario (though fairly extreme) where the RAM can fail.

My suggestion would be to swap the RAM modules for ones that are known to be working, and proceed from there.

Also, just for the record what are the hardware specs of your machine. RAM type, CPU type & motherboard.

Comment

Working...
    X